Lively and energetic, this exotic single clone Chardonnay is known for having muscat-like sensory characteristics. It has vibrant aromas of orange blossom, apricot, honeysuckle and white peach. 88% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel to provide vibrancy and accentuate fruit flavors. The remaining 12% was barrel fermented in new French Oak and aged to bring further richness to the bottling.
Single clone selections within a single vineyard
SIP Certified Sustainable
Clone 102 (Musqué clone)
Diablo series, clay loam, rocky marine sediment, volcanic remnants
September 20, 2019
88% cold tank stainless steel and 12% new French Oak
12% in new French Oak
May 14th, 2020
The 2020 growing season featured a mild start to summer which allowed the grapes to ripen slowly. The region saw much warmer harvest temperatures which helped accelerate ripening and bring the grapes’ natural acidity into beautiful balance.